Wednesday, March 27, 2013

February :: San Francisco with Cathy! :)

After Tsunami Bowl, I was able to extent my ticket and attend a conference in San Francisco with Cathy, a dear friend and coworker.  Before my conference started, I had a day or two layover in Oregon.  I was able to have dinner with Gramma and Grampa - it was Gramma's birthday!!  Happy Brithday, Gramma!!  :)

Then, off to sunny San Fran, I go!  :)  Cathy was at the airport waiting for me when I arrived.  We caught a taxi and headed for our shnazzy hotel, The Fairmont.  Imagine hoity toity "Pretty Woman" movie nonsense.  As soon as we arrived in the lobby and were checking in at the front desk, we saw one of the biggest cockroaches I've ever seen!  It was pretty hilarious, because all the staff workers were trying to be very calm and collected.  They didn't know exactly what to do...I almost offered to help!  :)


The woman at the Front Desk also offered up a Bellhop to help with our bags.  Cathy and I both found ourselves quite capable, so we declined.  Below is the view out our bedroom window.  Beautiful!!  And we had the best weather while we were there!  Sunshine every day!!








After we were settled in, we decided to go explore.  We walked down to Fisherman's Wharf and decided to have lunch at this bakery.  Delicious!!  Chowder Bread Bowl!  :)





Seeing the boats, Alcatraz, swimmers!  :)





Ghirardelli Square!








Enjoying a milkshake - based on Matt's recommendation!  Delicious!!  :)



Then we made the trek to Coyt Tower - it was a hike, I'll tell you!  But a beautiful view when we finally got there - right at sunset!  Score!















Lombard Street








The next night we headed for China Town for dinner...yummy!!



Such a fun time!!  Thanks, Cathy, for finding the conference for us!!  It was a wonderful trip and we came away with LOTS of good information for our classrooms.  :)  Score!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you got to see lots of sites and sights! Glad you enjoyed your trip! I've never known anyone who travels as much as you do! What a life!!! You go, Girl!!!

    ReplyDelete